Walker Hound News!

We have our priorities straight here at Fiction Daily.

So while the world watches the hopeful protesters in Iran, mourns the loss of two pop icons in Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, the Fiction Daily world is abuzz with news of a different kind.

annie-noselo-res.jpg

After the loss of our beloved Annie Karenina Walker Hound, I took it upon myself to scour Petfinder.com last week while the husb was away … to search for a dog here in our community.

I went to PetsMart in his absence and, well, silly me! What was I thinking? That I would leave without wanting another dog?

After milling around for some time, I remembered seeing this Walker Hound, Sport. I asked if he was still available, and the young volunteer said, Yes, as a matter of fact, he was still available. And he’s a big couch potato.

sport.jpg

Come to find out, Sport was saved by the same wonderful animal cruelty officer who rescued our Annie. And Sport was at her home! I went to see him, and he was something of a train wreck of a dog. The volunteer foster mom said, “No one will ever adopt this dog.”

Well, those were fighting words, and over the next few days, I found myself thinking about that poor old guy more and more.

Yesterday, Greg and I went to see him. I was hedging, unsure, and Greg said, let’s take him home.

And we did!

So today, we’ve bathed a nearly 100-pound Walker Hound, taken a couple of walks, and had a few stern reprimands about not “treeing” the cats.

He seems to be fitting in very well. What’s best of all, he’s house trained!!

We wondered what to name him, and this morning, Greg comes out with “Mayberry.”

And so it is.

Mayberry.

May … Berry … RFD!!!

PLEASE PARDON THE IRREGULAR ENTRIES WHILE I AM CAMPAIGNING FOR GREENVILLE N.C. CITY COUNCIL. FD RETURNS IN NOVEMBER.

6 Responses to “Walker Hound News!”

1. Ashley Tyson says:

I just knew that you guys were gonna get him! That is such a great gift not only for “Mayberry,” but for you two as well.

2. Thomas Brock says:

Congratulations on the new puppy!

How’s the campaigning? If there’s anything I can do from Jacksonville to help, please let me know.

3. Marion says:

You guys are the best for such kind comments!

I really appreciate your support in Jacksonville … and I will let you know if you can do any “remote campaigning!”

4. Gene-o says:

Delighted to hear about the new addition to your family. That was a mighty strong stork to deliver a 100-pound hound!

Less delighted to see that FD will return in November, but I agree to the sacrifice in order to benefit the greater good of society. Much luck with the campaign!

5. Rhonda says:

I’m so glad you got him! He’s beautiful, AND he’s smiling! We’re getting 2 tomorrow. Strays that that were emaciated!!! We gave them to animal control-just to be sure they weren’t lost. No claims-so they are ours!!! We have 2 cats and 3 dogs-one smaller-so I’m a little apprehensive, as I don’t know much about the breed. Just that there are 2 very skinny girls that need a second chance.
    Your probably the first person that I read that was positive about cats.
    Any advise?
    Also good luck with all the capaigning-we’re in NC too!

6. Marion says:

Our Mayberry brings so much love to our household. He is a fine dog who loves children — and they love him. The cats adore him and he hasn’t even raised an ear over them since the first day. He likes them now!! We are so grateful to have him in our family.

Good luck with your new pups. I visited your Web site & wish you the best at your store. — Marion